As of January 2017, One to One Midwives will be charging a minimal fee of £35 to attend our two-day hypnobirthing course. The fee for the course will be non-refundable and will include the KG Hypnobirthing book upon attendance of the course. The fee is per couple. One to One made the decision to charge for our course due to the number of non-attendances during 2016 and to ensure that we can cover all venue costs for any last minute cancellations that may take place.
Please note: All courses run over two days. Please ensure that you check the dates of the course prior to booking, as One to One will not be able to change your booking once it has been confirmed and payment made.
Courses spaces are reserved for One to One Service Users only.
One to One recommend attending the Hypnobirthing Course if you are 24 weeks or over.
Please bring the following to the course with you:
- A few bottles of water
- A comfortable cushion and yoga mat
- Your own lunch.
- And of course you are more than welcome to bring your birthing partner!
The KG Hypnobirthing course teaches you to take control of your birthing process, to be empowered and to be part of the decision-making process in partnership with your midwife.Hypnobirthing combines an understanding of the physiological process – How your body works during birth together with self-hypnosis and the ability to deeply relax and let go. When you birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, you are free of fear. When you have a trusting loving partner- your body will release the loving hormone oxytocin. This together with endorphins will ensure a calm relaxed enjoyable birth. Your birthing partner will be empowered to be part of the birthing process to encourage you, to support you and to advocate for you.
- With HypnoBirthing you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
- You may find you don't need any pain relief at all.
- It often shortens the length of labour.
- You will be more alert and in control.
- Hypnobirthing lessens the physical impact of childbirth.
- Your birthing partner is actively involved.
- Your birthing partner knows that he/she has played an important role in the birth of her/his child.
- Allows your baby to enter the world drug free and in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness.
Giving birth can be an empowering and positive experience. With HypnoBirthing you learn:
- Fear release methods to allow you to be relaxed and confident for the birth.
- Self-hypnosis inducing deep relaxation.
- Massage techniques - stimulating endorphins, your body's natural anaesthetic.
- Visualisation exercises to keep you grounded, serene and positive.
- How your mind and body work together efficiently and comfortably
To get more information on the hypnobirthing course One to One Midwives offer you can also visit the
KG Hypnobirthing website.
If you have trouble booking a place on one of our courses, please email us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthing Partner Notes (141 KB)
Course Information (121 KB)